Or, as non-Latin speakers often say: Time flies.
It’s hard to believe, but like that, it’s upon us. June 1. Our one-year anniversary at Temescal Works.
Much has transpired in the 12 months since we flung back our doors and welcomed our first members into our lovingly restored, character-rich building, smack dab in the middle of Temescal.
For starters, over the past year, we’ve gone through 299 pounds of coffee (that’s 6,578 12-ounce cups) and eliminated waste from almost 10,000 disposable plastic water bottles. Along the way, we’ve held multiple First Thursday celebrations. We’ve staged film screenings and art openings. We’ve conducted coffee, donut and kombucha-tastings. We’ve held lunches hosted by the fine folks at Julie’s, just around the corner. And more.
Over that same time, we’ve also signed up more than 100 members, whose diversity of professions point to the wide range of talent and expertise in our midst. In our co-working community, we have members in design, engineering, law, healthcare, technology, social impact, real estate and more.
It’s been a wild, wonderful and rewarding ride. And we’re so grateful for it. Above all, we’re thankful to you, our members, for being the reason we are here in the first place.
There’s a lot to celebrate. We’ll get started with that on June 1, and we’ll continue our celebrations throughout the month with a slate of promotions and events.
Here’s a look at what’s in the works.
1. Registration fee waived for new members this month: Join us during the month of June, and we’ll waive the registration fee. That’s a $75 savings, folks.
2. If you’re already a member, well, lucky us. And lucky you, because we’ve got a free t-shirt for you. Stop by the front desk and it’s yours. Soft and highly wearable, with two colors to choose from: grey carbon and navy heather. And no, we’re not making those color names up.
3. Tag us on Instagram or create a Facebook post and you’ll be entered in a drawing at the end of the month for a $75 gift certificate at Julie’s. Every tag or post increases your chance of winning.
4. Waffle Wednesdays. Every Wednesday morning in June, we’ll have make-your-own waffles in the kitchen. We’ll supply the batter, the skillet and the fixings. You supply the waffle-making skills.
5. Also: keep an eye out for confirmation of our June evening social. We’ll be nailing down the date soon. We’re thinking it will be a pizza party. We will likely also throw in a pizza lunch.
6. Last but not least, we’ll also be holding sitting yoga sessions, led by our resident yogi, Judith Alper. We’ll keep you posted on times and dates.
That’s it for now.
Thank you, again, for making all of this possible. It’s been a great year, and we’re looking forward to many more to come.
The Temescal Works Team